Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Why I love the Holidays

The Christmas Decorations are down, The new presents are broken in and the holiday season is pretty much over but I have to say I had a great holiday. My family's Christmas is awesome. Some people would use a different word maybe, but I love it. Sure it is crazy with ten kids under the age of twelve all trying to sit quietly while one kid opens their present and by the end no one knows whose turn it  is and it is a free for all with wrapping paper everywhere, but I love it that way.


Carissa opening her stocking



I had a lot of fun with my older siblings. Karl took some of us to see the Hobbit and there's nothing like watching a prequel to the best movie of all time and arguing over how they changed too much. If you don't know already, some of the Sorrells are nerds.  We are Star trek/Star wars fans and also fans of Lord of the Rings so much so that we can quote whole scenes, or at least Daniel and Paul can. Daniel and I got into a game called Munchkins. We played about three times and I was beaten.... badly but I blame the rules.  Yes, let's go with that.... Now my older brothers are back at their homes or college but it was fun/annoying having them around.

Karl opening his stocking very eagerly

As for the Sorrells' girls, aka Genny, Rebekah, Tina and I, let's say some days we are best friends and other days we are sisters. But 'Im glad that Tinas first Christmas was with us and that Genny got to be here to stay. 



Tina and Genny getting their first presents from us.





As I was babysitting for another family, I happened to notice how small their table looked with only four chairs.  I don't know what Christmas is like for people with smaller families but I love our holidays because of the excitement, the energy and the fact that when I am opening my present surrounded by my sixteen siblings and other family I love it because I feel surrounded by God's love surrounded by miracles from around the world. I feel doubly blessed because God has given me a triple-portion of family and I will always be surround by plenty of it. I feel like I have the best family in the world and it is what I imagine heaven will be like surrounded by the love of thousands who I call my family and that's why I love the holidays. 



1 comment: