Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Journey to the Center of the House


There’s one thing that almost everyone at one point has needed, Privacy. Sometimes you just need to be alone without interruptions. There are times when I need to be alone, but it just is not possible with my family. Take today, for instance. Being behind in my school subjects is not fun, especially if it is math.  I need all my concentration to do math, since it is my least favorite subject. I started Math in my room, which is in the corner of upstairs.

 Quiet.  But then came the hurricane, otherwise known as my sister. She likes to play music in our room while she does school, but she also likes to play it LOUD! I then left my room for the sake of my ears and decided to do math in the dining room downstairs. 
Finally, quiet. But then came the tornado, otherwise known as my brother. He also has a thing for music, only he plays his in the kitchen, which is next to the dining room. So much for quiet. My next quiet place was my little sister's room. It is in another corner of the house upstairs and my little sisters were outside. I sprawled my stuff on Jessica’s bed and had quiet for about thirty seconds. 


Haley and our neighbor Alana came to play in Haley’s room. I was running out of options. So I tried our front porch. It was quiet and the wind was blowing just enough to keep me from getting hot. 

Then I heard the sound of a dart gun and then something whizzes over my head.
“ Good job, Ty you missed.”
Aidan was playing with our other neighbor, Ty.
They like to shoot me, unfortunately.
And with that I had one option left, the bathroom!

If you ask my siblings, they will tell you I take hours in the bathroom. There is a reason. I sat in the bathtub and finished my math.  

2 comments:

  1. Yea! A new entry. And well done. Though I'm not sure if sitting in the tub is a recommended study habit...

    ReplyDelete